Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A note of explanation


Hello everyone. Obviously, it's been awhile since I last posted. There is good reason for this- I don't have regular internet access. Instead of hauling my laptop all over the city, I made the decision to wait until I knew I was going to be able to have some time with a wireless internet connection to post the blogs I'd been saving.


That said, you should know that three posts preceding this message are dated 7.27.08, 8.2.08, and 8.19.08. That should help you with figuring out the chronology of the events I wrote about weeks ago.


In the meantime, we are expecting to have internet in our home within a week or so, so I believe that the posts will return to their original regularity. Until then, however, please accept my apologies. I hope you enjoy the posts anyways. :)


As for the way things stand at the moment, Roman and I are enjoying an afternoon at Maribu Caribe, a local resort with free internet by the poolside. The two weeks since he arrived have been a blessing. It feels so nice to have someone from home right down the hall, and it helps that he is such a gentleman and is of such good character. It is a reassurance, to say the least.


We are working in two different churches, so on Sunday we don't see one another, but otherwise we are together most of the time. This means that I have more freedom to come and go as I please. I've already taken him to the beach last week, and who knows what we'll do next.


Personally, I need prayers for my health. I had my first (and hopefully my last) visit to the emergency room here at our local hospital on Sunday afternoon, where I was told that I can't digest most foods and needed to be on a primarily liquid diet. In addition, I had to receive three shots and a variety of pills to help towards my recovery. Right now I feel well- I miss eating meat, but I can eat soft foods like Jello and potatoes easily, so I think I'll be able to make the dietary transition without problem.


Thanks to everyone who has called or emailed about my blog. Remember, I have a local NC phone number that can be used to leave me voicemails or call. It connects to my computer and if I'm online I can answer it like a regular phone. That number is 336-685-3118. Feel free to leave me a message- I appreciate the feedback.


Until next time!

No comments: