Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home, sweet home!

Well, I'm back from a nice visit back to the states. In case you were one of the few who wondered where my updates were, that's what happened. I went home to North Carolina. But, now my vacation is over and I am back in Limon once again... and I'm happy. Almost as soon as I arrived, I felt that familiar feeling of welcome- like I was coming home. Even though I was sad to leave North Carolina, seeing the city of Puerto Limon once more filled my heart with great joy.

At the moment, we are midway through a choral workshop that has gotten us really energized and excited for the third trimester. Steve Gray, the choir director at New Philadelphia Moravian, is leading our local brothers and sisters in an informal choir. We have participants ranging from 4- 84 years old, and everyone seems to be enjoying the mix of traditional hymns, anthems, and praise choruses he has introduced.

We are also seeing a variety of participants from several congregations- all different in their worship styles and characters. This seems very significant to me, as the Moravian church in Costa Rica tends to be exceptionally conservative. Through the tunes Steve has gently introduced, our good old fashioned Nicaraguan Moravians are joining in on praise choruses that are new and exciting. We're bridging gaps here that haven't even been acknowledged in years. It's a true miracle.

So, be in prayer for the exciting ministry of Steve Gray as we continue to prepare for a community concert this Friday, and pray also for the excitement of this choir to carry over into the final trimester... our "home stretch." And thanks again for all of the prayer that has gotten us this far!

No comments: